Friday, 13 November 2009
NEWS FROM SANDALS
Mr Sandman bring me a dream…
Nationwide Search to find the first ever Sandman Apprentice
LONDON (12th November 2009) – Sandals, the leading group of luxury beach resorts is offering one lucky member of the public a job of a lifetime – the chance to become the first ever Apprentice Sandman, who’ll go out to the Bahamas for two weeks to learn from the expert. Unique to Sandals, the Sandman is an expert in all things sand - testament that they have the best located beach resorts around the world! The job will entail scouring the Caribbean in search of perfect beach locations to build the next Sandals Resort. Key skills learnt on the job include location sourcing, sand quality checks, tidal and water property testing, air quality checks, not forgetting view and land stretch analysis enabling them to become an expert like their mentor.
In true Apprentice style, ten finalists will be selected. It will take a convincing display of passion and dedication for sand and tropical beaches in order to walk off with the winning prize.
The chosen apprentice will fly to Emerald Bay in the Bahamas, the Sandmans latest accomplishment, to get hands on experience and learn the complex details that make the perfect beach.
Jeremy Jones, Sandals current Sandman, says: “I’ve been the Sandman for the last five years and have scoured the Caribbean in search of perfect beaches to build the next Sandals resort. My most recent find is Emerald Bay, Great Exuma in the Bahamas which is opening towards the end of January 2010. It took me a year to find but it was certainly worth it. The Sandman apprentice winner will have the opportunity to travel the Caribbean, visit beautiful beaches and help me find the hidden gems still waiting to be discovered. It’s a never ending search but someone has to do it!”
UK beach fans can enter the competition on www.Sandals.co.uk explaining why they deserve to become the first Sandals Sandman Apprentice.
- Ends -
For further information, interviews with The Sandman and photography please contact Frank PR on call 0207 693 6999
Notes to editors:
Entries need to be received by 11 December 2009 and a shortlist of 10 people will be picked by Jeremy Jones, Sandals incumbent Sandman and interviewed. The winner will be notified by 21st December 2009 and be expected to carry out a two week apprenticeship at the new resort in Emerald Bay in the Bahamas
· Someone who is willing to travel
· Enjoys adventure, the outdoors and has a love of beaches
· A good traveller – i.e. can ride in helicopters, jeeps, all modes of transport etc to carry out recess under all various circumstances/nature elements
· An outdoors personality – i.e. good swimmer, walker etc
· Works to high levels of standards and can follow strict beach guideline policies
· Interested in oceanography and physical geography
· Likes walking along beaches, swimming, air travel, jeep rides, sunshine, beaches
Someone who can work to high levels of standards and can follow strict beach guideline policies
T&C’s for the Sandman apprenticeship
· Entrants must register on the Sandals website – www.Sandals.co.uk
· All entries must be received by Friday 11th December 2009
· Judging will take place between 14th–18th December 2009
· All entries must include the following on the competition website:
· 300 words on why they should be the Apprentice Sandman
· Their name, address, contact e-mail/telephone number
· A shortlist of 10 entrants will be decided by Jeremy Jones, Sandals incumbent Sandman
· The finalists will be required to be interviewed by Jeremy Jones. The winner is solely down to Jeremy Jones and his decision is final.
· All finalists will be notified by phone on 21st December 2009. If a finalist cannot be reached within 48 hours, an alternative finalist will be chosen if available.
· The Winner will be awarded an opportunity to become an apprentice Sandman and experience what the job entails on a two week, all expenses paid, trip to the Caribbean.
· The new apprentice must fulfil their internship in the Caribbean before 11 December 2010.
· The role is solely an apprenticeship and not a full time position
· Competition only open to UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man residents aged 18 years
or over, except employees and their families of Sandals, their agents or anyone
professionally connected with the administration of this promotion
· All finalists may be used for PR and publicity around the competition
· There is no cash alternative to the prize & spending money is not included.
· Holiday insurance is not included and must be purchased before travel.
· The prize is subject to availability, cannot be taken during peak seasons (Easter, July,
August, December and New Year) and cannot be confirmed until 90 days prior to
· Once dates are confirmed there will be an administration fee for any changes made
to the reservation. This fee varies in accordance with the airlines.
· The prize is strictly non transferable, non refundable, and is subject to Sandals &
Beaches normal terms and conditions. This excludes the blue chip hurricane
guarantee, which does not apply for prize holidays.
· Sandals Resorts are for couples only.
· Sandals Resorts reserve the right to relocate prize winners from the stated resort to an
alternative Sandals resort if rooms become unavailable for the travel dates requested.
· Prize winners must be over 18. One entry per household.
· By entering, you agree you have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions